Thursday, November 25, 2021

Filling in our days in Paradise

Since we have been home from Mission Beach it's been go, go, go......

Many appointments, medical, financial and beauty ;-) and the occasional social.  Christmas is just around the corner and we are starting to get invites to Christmas catch-ups that are always something to look forward to.  I heard on the radio that there are less than 30 sleeps until Christmas and I am feeling just a little overwhelmed as we have a trip to Townsville before we head to Tasmania for Christmas.  I'm hoping to do a little shopping for Tasmania while we are in Townsville but I guess it will be nigh on impossible to purchase winter clothes in the middle of summer in Townsville.  Where we are staying in Tasmania (Lake St. Clair) had a snowfall last week.  It would be beyond our wildest dreams to have a white Christmas.  Fingers and toes crossed.

The weather in Palm Cove has been glorious to say the least.  All the wild weather that Queenslanders in the south have been experiencing has certainly not reached us here in the north.....yet.  Philip and I have been wandering down to the swimming net enclosure each afternoon for a relaxing dip in the refreshing water.  We love it and it also helps to fill in those hours in the afternoon that you might be looking for something to eat or drink.  Speaking of drinking, I have decided to become a Teetotaller.  Any alcohol of late has been like drinking poison for me and has been making me very very ill so it is time.  As a hemochromatosis carrier I always have to be aware of liver function as it is the organ most affected by hemochromatosis. It is a no brainer to eliminate alcohol. I hope I can do it and I do feel quietly confident but I am not going to put unnecessary pressure on myself.  The silly season will be a pressure test!


Exercise wise both Philip and I now go to Aqua Aerobics on Mondays that is a perfect place to be on a warm day. It is a very large class and you really have to fight for your space 😁.  I am still attending two hatha yoga classes each week and have now also incorporated a Yin Yoga class once a week.  I walk when I feel like it which is probably three times a week.  One walk is a 7.5km flat walk and the other is 4.5km with a big hill climb. On my walk yesterday I walked to the end of the jetty. It was particularly lovely and hardly a soul fishing from it that was very unusual.


There has been a sign at the jetty to say that there has been a crocodile sighted in the area lately so people should be aware.  I have never seen a crocodile here but this morning at yoga we had the absolute joy of seeing a pod of dolphins pass by very close to the waters edge.  What a treat and the yoga class was temporarily suspended as we all stood and watched these beautiful mammals. 🐬🐬🐬🐬🐬




No comments:

Post a Comment